[atlarge-discuss] Oh no, not another name proposal... (ORVI)

My friends:
Yes, yet another name proposal :D You'll see, I think all the names already
proposed arent bad, in fact some of them are pretty cool, the only problem I
find is that they are thinked "in english", and we are pretending to be a
www.organization of users. Well, I think that's a possible, hard but possible
aim: the "creation" of a multinlingual name through an acronym, that later
have the different translations in the major amount of different languages
possible. At least, for western languages, using the correct latin or greek
words, we could cover major languagues like french, english, italian,
spanish, german, french, portuguese, romanian and a few more. Also, due the
usal costumes of ICANN-related-things, we could use a cool, meaningful and
short acronym :) . This thought here have nothing to do with "political
issues", this is becouse two major logical reasons (at least they are for me):

a) I dont want to write a looong thing to call us every single time; and
b) the "at large" is an english term very difficult thing to translate (at
least) in spanish in few words.

And if we use a "dual" acronym, for instance, from that very first page of
the site, the user pick his language, and then the meaning of the acronym
appears, due is different in each language, but the same acronym is used to
many possible languages; at least for the ones I said, which are the most
used globally, with the exeption of chinese, and thats becouse of the common
origin (at least, of some of the words).

I would like to suggest, that the main name *must* be a dot-org, just becouse
we are supoused to use that one, acording to the mithical RFC1591. We could
catch the other options and redirect them to that dot-org domain, in order to
prevent any kind of "stuff". Ok, I know no one cares about this anymore
(RFC1591), but this is what it seems right to me.

So I thoght and I have this idea: let's call "ORVI". It means "Organization
Vox Interneti / Internet", but also due the origin the word "organization",
the "OR" could mean:  ORganizzazione (it); ORrganização (pt); ORganización
(es); ORganisation (de, fr); and of course, ORganization (uk). Perhaps its
not "shiny", but it's effective and with a plus, due a little "word game" of
the acronym: "ORBI" means "WORLD" in latin. Ok, u r totally right: it's
misspelled, but I think the word game works and fits exactly what we want to
represent: the "orbi" voice of the Internet users. This name it's still
unregistrered in all the gTLD with the exception of the dot-com. Another
option (someone proposed when the "Vox Internet" appears, but I dont
remember, so sorry pal!), the usage of the ccTLD dot-VI (www.or.vi), but I'm
not very conviced in use a ccTLD, I think we must respect the RFC1591
structure, and leave to each country chapter the option of register under
their's ccTLD their domains if so.

Ok, perhaps its not so nice this name, it's only a suggestion, but let's try
to follow these concepts in order to "construct" a cool name: "words of latin
origin and tech talk" (on-line, internet, those ones :) in order to construct
a multilingual acronym. Just a thought, as valid as the others. What do u
think about this? Best wishes and good luck, Gabriel.

Ps. Lets try not to rush this thing, this is a MAJOR issue!!!