Re: [atlarge-discuss] amendment sought

Jeff,

As I understand, certain panelists or members co-operating in this
effort have reserved some of the domains for our use. In the absence
of an incorporated entity, our organisation cannot own the domain or
any other right or asset. We hope to progress to that stage soon.

Regards,

Vivek Durai

On Mon, 19 August 2002, Jeff Williams wrote:

> Vivek and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,
>
>   I agree with this amendment.  I would like to have some
clarification
> as to whom or how an organization would register such a potential
> Domain Name?
>
> vivek@vivekdurai.com wrote:
>

> > > STEP 1 is the Chair's call to each Panelist to agree the
text of
> the
> > > following Resolution.
> > >
> > > RESOLUTION on .COM EXTENSION
> > >
> > > "Whereas the Panel recognizes that the image
portrayed by a
> > non-profit
> > > organization is not enhanced by using a domain name with an
> > > extension that
> > > has highly commercial connotations, it is resolved to
change
> > > the [Primary] domain name of [our organisation]
> >  to one that does not use the  .COM extension."
> > >
> > > Vote:
> > >
> > > YES:   X
> > >
> > > NO:
> > >
> > > Abstain:
> >
> > COMMENTS:  The resolution should be reworded to change .COM
from the
> > status of "primary domain". The name of the
organisation does not
> have
> > to include its TLD !! All other TLDs must be registered by the
> > organization.

> > > STEP 2 is a request that the Panel select a short-list of 3
> > > names from those
> > > submitted by the membership and number these in order of
> > > preference, so that
> > > the panel can recommend one name to the membership, but
also
> > > offer other
> > > options should members disagree with their choice.
> > >
> > > PREFERENTIAL VOTE to DECIDE NAME
> > >
> > > Please number the following names 1,2,3 - number 1 being
the
> > > name you favor
> > > most highly.
> > >

> > > A) ICANNAtLarge
> > > B) InternetAtLarge     1
> > > C) WorldAtLarge       2
> >
> > [I think its silly to add the TLD to the name of the
organization]

href="http://mail.justice.com//jump/http://mail.Justice.com";>http://mail.Justice.com</a>
atlarge-discuss-help@lists.fitug.de