[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[atlarge-discuss] conference call
For reasons I gave to everyone I will not share in the today conference call.
1. I am fighting this system as inapropriate to the "crowd" oriented
Internet nature everywhere, this is not to use it in my own organization.
IMHO it is an outdated, inherently biased, innovation freezing, etc.
system. We are looking for money, budget, incorporation - what may cost $ 9
for a DN, $ 30 to incporate and $ 60 a year to host. I do not accept that
we may plan to collectively spend $ 4000 this year with AT&T. What may
represent several years of salary for certain of our members.
2. this is absolutely not an antagonism to the Chair nor to YJ Park who
initiated the project. But if I want to give a chance to this project to
survive I think I must be inflexible about everything which may block it.
3. I therefore ask the Chair to read the above paragraph 1 and 2 to explain
my position and why I do not participate. So it is registered and in the
4. I would striogly object if any vote was taken under the pressure of such
a system. Should one be taken I ask Richard Henderson to represent me, and
you to accept his vote on my behalf.
5. On the current issues:
- I do not understand anything to the discusion about a name which
We only need names to incorporate a secretariat for the @large and
for a site.
The name for the secretariat is part of the WG-INC job.
Establishing links to the site under all the possible alias
denominations is the job of WG-WEB
- I see that all this has made the list lose momentum and a lot of
I call for a clear definition of the panel as a catalyst for the
movement development no more.
A clear netiquette of the movement to be progressively worked out as
Simple working procedures to be established and the necessary tools
Examples are under http://icannatlarge.org
- I see an opportunity to recover the momentum, perform outreach and
support Hans, Michael, Jamies efforts IRT ICANN and ERC through a triple
candicacy of YJ, Eric and Vivek (to clearly show we do not seek a lost
victory but to use a plateform and demonstrate the inadequacy of a system
where the least endorsed person will get elected).
Thank you and have fun.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org