Re: [atlarge-discuss] comments welcome [Joey breaks his silence] - Part 1

Jefsey (et al):

I have had to purposely delay my response to your post. I have also stopped reading any further posts on your subject to the list till after I have formulated mine own response. I have wished not to be influenced by anyone else's responses before doing so.

[I have also had to deal with my computer going down and having to be repaired. That was timely, wasn't it?! ;-)]

Even with my delay, which was intended to give me some "distance" in my perspective to your post, mere words still cannot express the degree to which I am so very impressed with it. The best that I can say -- intending to honor you -- is Merci !

While it is true the best early Americans were inventive, creative and steadfast at inventing democracy "American style," the French as well quickly followed suit giving it their unique branding. And in your post, I see that the tradition continues.

In my experience there is nothing so difficult as to see things in new ways, to engage in the struggle to see them, and then to hold one's own fears of the "unknown" at bay in order to try something new and untried in the service of a larger vision which is nearly universally beyond the sight of one's contemporaries. I typically refer to this phenomenon as "thinking outside the box."

Jefsey, I feel us very much being kindred spirits. I have from my earliest entry into politics (6th grade in elementary school) always looked to the universal expansion of practical, practiced democracy for all. Till now, New England Town Meetings have been my model. You are helping me to see a similar, newer model, it's workability, and it's worldwide practicality and applicability. Again -- Merci.

Now to specific comments I may have, if any.