Re: [atlarge-discuss] Challenge from Ross Rader

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 06:10:08 -0400, Joey Borda **star*walker**
<starwalker@gay.com> wrote:

>Judith (et al):
>
>I think your response list here is pretty exhaustive, definitive, inclusive
>and conclusive!
>
>What more could a bona fide question require as a bona fide answer to a
>bona fide questioner?!

Hey, are we sure that Ross Rader "gets" our answers?

If I understand correct, he has another preferred way to participate
in conversations, and unlike Bret, he has not the will or the time to
participate in discussions here. We are in the same Internet and
willing to talk, but this doesn't happen automagically.
Before to put the weblogs' issue on the agenda of WG-WEB, I would note
that nonetheless, with some bridges and some friends, this
conversation is happening.

Probably the analogy is not fully correct, but a sort of 'lateral
thinking' lead me to ICANN' pretense that at large should stay in his
edge, hardly participate and never get representation.
'Come here, accept that this is Evolution, answer only to our
questions and if you are asked ...'

If we are different from ICANN, next year we can't say "sorry, our
purpose was too ambitious, thanks to all, let's focus on our expertise
with our old friends". Exactly as ICANN, we can't solve the Digital
Divide, nor address every technical limitation to perfect
communication. But the awareness of those problems leads our action,
and we are convinced to have a strong legitimation and a good way to
proceed. We should indeed convince other individuals - not only Ross
Rader and Nancy Victory - and we are all aware that not every problem
will be solved when they will be convinced.

We are asking to be well represented, in an organisation like ICANN
that, at least, needs a different evolution. We know that on the
Internet there are problems that ICANN can't solve, nor the
governments alone, We don't have a plan, we only are convinced that
without a representation for individual users is more difficult to
reach effective solutions.

May be Danny and Ross are racing to be our 1000th. registred member?

Regards,
	giampaolo