RE: [atlarge-discuss] The Media's take on the ALAC proposals

Richard Henderson wrote:

>What's disappointing is that the media are reporting it as
>PROGRESS - exactly what ICANN intended.

This is one of the things we need to counteract publicly.  But we can't do
so until we have a firm legal and organizational footing.

I consider this whole ALAC effort and its predictable result to be a
conscious attempt to distract and demoralize *us* as much as to confuse
outsiders.  By pushing their agenda out in the same old top-down directed
manner, I suspect they are hoping to prompt us to cut corners and "jump"
before we're ready.  If we allow that to occur, they win.  Let's not give
them the satisfaction!

Please, everyone, turn your frustration into anger and resolve!  Stay
focused on your WG tasks and get us up and going as quickly as possible,
consistent with our goals of openness and public accountability.  Our
success will be the best revenge!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info