RE: [atlarge-discuss] 003 WG-WEB.mailinglists

Richard,
I'm delighted to see that we understand each other well and are in agreement
on 90%, so I confine my comments to the remaining 10%....

> *** why is the membership list and mailing lists a matter for WG-WEB? I
> would say membership issues and contacts is more a matter for the Outreach
> WG (though of course it crosses other groups as well)

WG-WEB is going to be responsible for managing the website and since the
mailing list archives will need to be integrated within that, it makes sense
not to divide the technical responsibility. Once set up, the mailing lists
will function as a primary tool of communication for many, if not all of the
WG's. So the function of each mailing lists will be determined by each WG on
a case by case basis, and if Outreach has specific needs, it will just be a
matter of formulating a position paper to clarify those issues and liaising
with WG-WEB to ensure Outreach gets whatever features it needs. Does that
make sense?

Regards,
Joanna