[atlarge-discuss] Please ignore! -- This is a TEST of formatting results at list end-point

To All Members of icannatlarge.com, atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de & atlarge-panel@lists.fitug.de:

It is absolutely fantastic the energy we have going right now regarding the renaming of our organization -- so many great ideas!

I wish to add what I hope will be an agreeable solution for everyone so far involved, not perfect, but readily doable with commitment commensurate from each view-point holder to participate as I will describe. Part of what I say will be repetitious and the some of it will conclude my offerings, I think, on this issue.

I propose and commend to the panel and all members for your consideration:

1. That the membership (those on the membership roll) vote an "instant runoff" ballot* inclusive of every name proposed, regardless of how proposed, each name having "attached" to it "pro"** and "con,"*** statements of no more than ### words; the accompanying pro statement written by the proposer(s) and the accompanying con statement written by a detractor(s). The reasonable ### of words to be determined by panel majority vote and published in the Call for Name Submissions.

2. The panel by panel majority vote publish to the list and to the membership roll AND "atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de" a Call for Name Submissions to include a closing date and time set for said name submissions for the ballot with each's coherent "pro" statement attached.

3. The panel by panel majority vote publish to the list and to the membership roll AND "atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de" the names timely submitted with each's attached pro statement AND a call for the submission of a coherent "con" statement to any given name submission AND a closing date for their submission.

4. The panel by panel majority vote appropriately design, adopt and publish the ballot**** to the membership roll, with an advisory FYI publication clearly MARKED as such to "atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de," AND the date and time deadline for submission of each voter's ballot.

5. The return address of ballots be to "atlarge-panel@lists.fitug.de," where ALL may see the results of the balloting, and ALL may count the results!

6. Anyone and everyone may announce the results as soon as the voting deadline has passed and they have counted the votes per Instant Runoff Vote counting procedure (see citations below).

Ever so humbly submitted to everyone's condisderation in his effort to bring peace, love and joy to our organization.... /s/ Joey

=====

* "Instant runoff" ballot -- voters rank their choices by numerical digits.

A strong new organizational name should have both strong support and wide support, and instant runoff voting (IRV) helps measure which name will best achieve that balance.

See http://members.icann.org/faq.htm#AVP for explanation of the process [ICANN did something right at least.] AND more links below.
-----

** "Pro" statement -- can be written by one person or a collaboration of persons and should include at least registration and defensive registration information.
-----

*** "Con" statement -- can be written by one person or a collaboration of persons and should include at least the deficiencies asserted.
-----

**** Joey's Disclaimer: As to any "technical" deficiences in my documented approach here I will leave it to our techies to solve those "bugs."

SAMPLE BALLOT
(voted for Example's sake)

Please cast your votes ranking in numerical order the choices below as the new organizational name for our "icannatlarge.com."

Choices are listed in alphabetical order and do not suggest anyone's preference whatsoever. Note "pro" and "con" debate below each name to be voted.
---
For an exemplary explanation of why and how your ranked votes will be counted see -- Demo: "The Muppets Use Instant Runoff Voting":http://www.fairvote.org/irv/muppets/index.html"; and http://www.starwalker.org/Instant_Runoff_Voting-Ballot_Count_Flow_Chart.pdf for a flow chart of the process.
---
EVERYONE will be able to see and count the votes for themselves or simply understand the process and independently confirm the count for themselves when they so feel moved.
---

Now therefore, rank the following, as few or as many as you wish, in your order of choice:

[Aside: To repeat, I've already fictitiously voted this sample ballot for example purposes. Therefore the digits that appear are my fictitious ranking based on the ballot instructions above AND will NOT appear on the final conformed ballot until the voter places them there.]

_1_atlarge.org
Pro: Blah, blah, blah...
Con: Blah, blah, blah...

_3_internetatlarge.org
Pro: Blah, blah, blah...
Con: Blah, blah, blah...

_4_netatlarge.org
Pro: Blah, blah, blah...
Con: Blah, blah, blah...

_2_worldatlarge.org
Pro: Blah, blah, blah...
Con: Blah, blah, blah...

Please click-on your E-mail reply button that sent you this ballot to return this ballot to atlarge-panel@lists.fitug.de.

[Aside: Were an Adobe PDF ballot be agreed to I believe can build in the "return to" and perhaps even plain text data forwarding. Merely a techical point raised here. The outgoing ballots could certainly contain my (or anyone's designated) secret signature and the signature (open or secret) of the voter executiing the ballot.]

-----

I will be happy to design a full and clear, easily executable ballot. I can even do it as an actual ballot in the form of an Adobe Acrobat PDF document which can be "signed," openly or secretly, by the voter! Attachments would have to be enabled for the "atlarge-panel@lists.fitug.de" to use this option.
-- /s/ Joey

Wednesday, September 04, 2002 * 2:00 PM EDT USA
=====
"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the Communists, and I didn't speak
up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then
they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak up because I was a
Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me."
-----
- Martin Niemoeller, Berlin Lutheran pastor arrested by the Gestapo and
sent to Dachau concentration camp in 1938; the Allied forces freed him
seven years later.