Re: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Vote to choose organization name

Good morning, Richard:

Which ballot should be sent out? I though that Joey's proposal was sound.
There was some flack about who could weigh the outcome with skewed Pros and
Cons, but I believe that we can trust our panel to append appropriate
comments (such as "name not available as .org").

The instant runoff ballot makes a great deal of sense to me as it avoids the
problems associated with a close vote.

Ron

Ten days ago, Joey Wrote:

It is absolutely fantastic the energy we have going right now regarding the
renaming of our organization -- so many great ideas!

I wish to add what I hope will be an agreeable solution for everyone so far
involved, not perfect, but readily doable with commitment commensurate from
each view-point holder to participate as I will describe. Part of what I
say will be repetitious and the some of it will conclude my offerings, I
think, on this issue.

I propose and commend to the panel and all members for your consideration:

1. That the membership (those on the membership roll) vote an "instant
runoff" ballot* inclusive of every name proposed, regardless of how
proposed, each name having "attached" to it "pro"** and "con,"***
statements of no more than ### words; the accompanying pro statement
written by the proposer(s) and the accompanying con statement written by a
detractor(s). The reasonable ### of words to be determined by panel
majority vote and published in the Call for Name Submissions.

<snip>