Re: [atlarge-discuss] Outreach

Understood, Eric.  Perhaps, if we are lucky, there is a small part of that Messenger in all of us.

Regards,

Micheal Sherrill

From: eric@hi-tek.com
Date:  Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:24:44 -0700

So on this mornings run-walk I paid special attention to my little
neighbourhood yards.
Mexican - flowers and little statues.
Viet Kieu - shoes and ornamentals.
Mung - herbs and spices.
White - Dogs and cats
Young - bikes and surfboards
Ethiopian - nothing
Somalian - nothing
Kazakhstan - Idols and very neat.

So I imposed upon the Ethiopian and Somalies I had met and asked "why
nothing?"
They replied clearly that they had nothing.  My Zimbabwe Mormon
missionary friend and I were amazed that when they invited us in there
was nothing.  All money they get even charity is squirreled away to
bring more here for freedom and life.  I am talking Southern California,
part of the fifth largest economy in the world.

But I will be damned, all of the children knew the internet and used it
for free at school and in our local library.
The parents understood and related messages from far away.  Upon giving
my card I was assured of mail, and I am sure it will happen.

My point being that the biggest threats to society at the moment stem
from misunderstanding and lack of communication.  These folks were
Muslim and Buddhist, my friend was Mormon and I am Christian.
Our atlarge is a tool to further the use of the tool of the internet for
communication.
Please do not just guard it with your intellect but also with your
hearts.

Eric