Re: [atlarge-discuss] growing, organizing and growing

Thanks Joop!

Moments ago I sent essentially the following E-message to private lists of my own. I have omitted only the names (of course) and a method of ID/validation I incorporated into the message)... /s/ Joey Monday, September 16, 2002 * 9:00 AM EDT USA:
==================Begin Quoted E-message========================

I, Joey Borda, Joe Bordo (call me what you like -- see http://www.starwalker.org/My_Story.htm for the story), beseech you to take one tiny, tiny step to support world democracy now!

It’s a step to support the world-wide democratic governance (“control”) of the Internet, a governance envisioned as “bottom-up” from the grass roots, horizontally, in the interests of all humankind... rather than top-down by the private corporations and governments acting hierarchically, non-democratically, and in their own private power-centralized status quo interests.

If you’ve ever trusted me regarding anything, trust me on this one. The future world of our children most assuredly depends on what we do now.

For the moment all you need do is to become a member of THE organization that I currently pour all of my idealistic volunteer energies into -- go directly to http://www.icannatlarge.com/register.php -- to register directly. [minor necessary security snip here...]

Also send a blank E-mail to mailto:atlarge-discuss-subscribe@lists.fitug.de in order to get added to the ongoing discussion list. You may catch up on discussions so far at http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/.

When you have the time and inclination go to the main page at http://www.icannatlarge.com/index.htm and read up to familiarize yourself further with our efforts.

I stand ready to answer any and all of your questions, including talking further about “why” you should care if that isn't already clear, and will be sure to alert you to the most important issues, discussions and votes.

Presently, our official membership is 9 members short of 1000. I would like each of you to help us surpass that now.

I invite you to review our current world-wide membership list at http://www.icannatlarge.com/view.php?sortorder=country.

Whoever of you should prove to be the 1000th member I will happily take to breakfast, lunch or dinner at the place of your choice! I promise!   [This promise is made to the lists I sent this too ONLY. I'm already in trouble; my lists are international. :) -- /s/ Joey]

Also presently we are voting on a new name for our world-wide organization.

I will post you of those results in any case.

I will not belabor the importance of this. It just is!

/s/ Joey/Joe [whoever :) ]

Monday, September 16, 2002 * 8:47 AM EDT USA

====================End Quoted E-message========================

At 12:59 PM 9/16/2002 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:

>Dear listmembers,
>
>We need 9 more members to reach our first 1000.
>(welcome Desiree Miloshevic, now in London)
>
>Recruit a few friends, please, and we'll be at 1000  this week.
>
>We need the numbers
>
>1.to be taken seriously
>2. to have a deep enough talent pool to elect our officers and volunteers from
>3. to budget our funding
>4. to make up for disillusioned members we will inevitably lose
>
>A start must be made on the rules that must underpin our self-organization and prevent needless friction.
>
>I have proposed webmaster rules and I would like one of the Panel members to take those on and motion for their discussion, modification and acceptance.
>
>The next thing, really, must be a members-ratified Mission Statement.
>
>Then: Polling rules, followed by election of
>
>1. Spokesman/woman
>2. other essential Officers
>
>The history of our members' growth indicates a spurt of growth whenever an election is scheduled.
>
>P.S. Thomas must publish the names of subscribers to this list. As it is now, people can be quietly removed without anyone knowing. (I found that since three days ago, my postings to the archived Panel list are rejected--(reason: 550-5.1.1 reject sending to address '<panel-discuss@fitug.de>')
>
>Members will also want to know if posting to this list will reach certain peope, without having to cc them.
>
>--Joop

----------
**Star*walker** Favorite Moment Quote
>From the movie Stonewall (1995)
[Matty Dean, in full drag, confronts an
army draft board psychiatrist.]

Psychiatrist: And you're now a what? A man,
                     or a woman?

Matty Dean:  Oh, doctor, how 50's you be! Me,
                      I'm living in the other state ---
                      between maleness and femaleness.

Psychiatrist:  Which is?

Matty Dean:  Fabulousness!