[atlarge-discuss] growing, organizing and growing

Dear listmembers,

We need 9 more members to reach our first 1000.
(welcome Desiree Miloshevic, now in London)

Recruit a few friends, please, and we'll be at 1000 this week.

We need the numbers

1.to be taken seriously
2. to have a deep enough talent pool to elect our officers and volunteers from
3. to budget our funding
4. to make up for disillusioned members we will inevitably lose

A start must be made on the rules that must underpin our self-organization and prevent needless friction.

I have proposed webmaster rules and I would like one of the Panel members to take those on and motion for their discussion, modification and acceptance.

The next thing, really, must be a members-ratified Mission Statement.

Then: Polling rules, followed by election of

1. Spokesman/woman
2. other essential Officers

The history of our members' growth indicates a spurt of growth whenever an election is scheduled.

P.S. Thomas must publish the names of subscribers to this list. As it is now, people can be quietly removed without anyone knowing. (I found that since three days ago, my postings to the archived Panel list are rejected--(reason: 550-5.1.1 reject sending to address '<panel-discuss@fitug.de>')

Members will also want to know if posting to this list will reach certain peope, without having to cc them.

--Joop