[atlarge-discuss] Let's stay focused and get back to work!

Family matters have claimed my focus this weekend, so I don't habve much
time to devote to this as I'd like, so pardon me if my words are more blunt
than usual.  Time is precious at the moment.  However, the tone in this
forum disturbs me, and I needed to respons, albiet quickly!

 I know that the DoC decision to continue with ICANN has some people
disillusioned, and everyone seems to be floundering.

Why?

We began our self-organizing external to ICANN because we could read the
writing on the wall and saw no future working exclusively within.  Now that
our foresight has been validated by events,  we should acknowledge the
correctness of that foresight and get back to our business.  That means
getting the vote for our name started IMMEDIATELY and beginning outreach!

Feeling sorry for ourselves serves no useful purpose.  Failing to complete
our mission means they win!  Granted, they may win anyway.  But so may we!
But we'll never know what we could have accomplished if we cry in our beer
and give up!   So quit the whining, end the bickering and start working
together again.

 And stop listening to the voices of doom from those who have already given
up the fight.  They are looking for others to justify the righness of their
capitulation.  I for one have no intention of giving up easily.  If you
truely believe in the cause we have been working towards for years, neither
should you!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info