[atlarge-discuss] FW: [ga] icannatlarge.com

John Berryhill, an eminent trademark attorney, posted this today on the GA
list:

> ICANNatlarge.com is not authorized by or affiliated with ICANN, and its
use
> of ICANN trademarks is misleading, deceptive and dilutive.  You either
have a
> license or you don't, and it is clear that you don't.

see http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg00469.html

The thread leading up to this revelation is:

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg00436.html ,
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg00438.html , and
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg00453.html eloquently
written by Joanna.

What a jolting reminder that "participating within the ICANN process" is
not an exercise in self determination or even self organization.

Mr. Berryhill writes:

> keep up the good work, since if ICANN does not act to enforce its
> federally registered trademarks, then it will lose them.

I'm not a lawyer, but I suppose it could also hold this organization
hostage to the trademark, using it to either keep us in line, or put us out
of business.

And all this time I was only worried about the bad smell associated with
the name!

Judith Oppenheimer
http://JudithOppenheimer.com
http://ICBTollFreeNews.com