Re: [atlarge-discuss] FW: Resignation - And now new nominations

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
To: David Farrar <david@farrar.com>
Cc: <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] FW: Resignation - And now new nominations

> David and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,
>
>   Looks that way doesn't it.  Well so much for the chair.  Sorry
> Joanna sees fit to resign under such circumstances.  But perhaps
> it is for the best for the rest of the members.
>
>   I think now we need to elect two more Panel members forthwith.
> Nominations please!

If you check the archives you will find that the terms of the Panel Election
stipulated that, in the event of resignations, the candidate(s) with the
next highest votes are automatically invited to accept a place on the panel.
A call for nominations for a new election would, I believe, run contrary to
the procedure already in place.

But I agree, Jeff, that early replacement is important.

Richard