Re: [atlarge-discuss] Short-term goals

Eric and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Allow me a short term recommendation.
>
> That nothing be short term.

  Absolutes are so confining and usually not realistic.  Short term goals
must be reached if order for long term goals to have a chance...

> These groups with specific tasks should only have projects that are a
> "goal".

  Do you mean "Goals" here?

> However the groups should be forever.  May I use the term "standing
> committee"?

  Yes indeed!  Some committees or Working Groups, should be standing.
Others are not needed to be standing.  It depends really on the tasks,
and goals that each committee/Working Group is or has set forth to
actually achieve.

> The foundation for an outhouse is small, the foundation for a Temple quite
> large.  One may be built in a day and destroyed in a day and the other takes
> years in both regards.

  Yes many very old Tempels foundations still remain.  Few outhouse foundations
can be found...

> I believe we have established the need for four simultaneous groups;
>
> One that deals with web site stuff,
> another for outreach
> another for bylaw type things

  These are the tasks of the Panel members as that is what they were
elected to accomplish.  Hence it would seem still reasonable for the
Panel members to work hard, together and get this completed.

> and another for funding kind of matters

  We will also need a finance committee as well as one for funding.
But your on the right track here Eric.  Remember though as Bruce
properly pointed out we must do these as with all tasks, open, aboveboard,
and transparent.  Nothing less will suffice...

> This looks good, this is almost the same model that most Episcopal churches
> follow.  Now if we can just keep the egos at a reasonable simmer rather than
> a wild boil, you guys can get it done.

  Well you need to chip in too Eric!