[atlarge-discuss] UPDATE ON PANEL ACTIVITIES

Dear Members of ICANNatlarge.com,

Here are some notes on what is going on in various parts of our organization...

The Panel now has its full complement of members. The new panelists are Bruce and Edmundo.

The Panel is working to develop a formal voting procedure. This will allow us to make decisions. We hope to have this by mid-week.

WG-WEB is becoming active again. We are getting a new Coordinator. That person will initiate the process of reviewing web issues and making recommendations to the full Panel. The Panel can review the recommendations and make some final decisions. Thus, we are a few steps away from making any substantive changes to the web page.

The Panel is waiting for an official report of the election results. It is my understanding that "ICANNatlarge.org" was the preferred name. I have seen messages posted to this list, but I haven't seen an official communication to the Panel. A report was solicited from Walter Schmidt on September 27, but no reply has been received. (Walter and other watchdogs -- can we please have a formal statement of voting results. You can send it to me or to all panel members individually. Thank you!)

Once the Panel receives the results of the name vote, it can use the voting procedure to decide the name of the organization. The panel seems to be leaning towards adoption of the top vote-getting name. We have not yet initiated a formal discussion. We will use the voting procedure to finalize the name decision.

Once the Panel has decided on a name, and once WG-WEB is functioning, and once the Panel has approved any changes to the web page, we can implement our new URL, based on our new name.

Currently, the panel does not have a Chair. As Alt Chair I am performing some Chair responsibilities. The Panel needs to decide on a new Chair and is discussing that at present.

The Panel is not currently discussing issues of fundraising, bylaws, and incorporation. Nor have we addressed an issue that is arguably prior to this: definition of a mission statement. I expect that we will address these issues soon. However, the other issues above are currently taking precedence.

That is where we currently stand. Thanks for your patience in reading through all this!

Sincerely,
Hans