Re: [atlarge-discuss] UPDATE ON PANEL ACTIVITIES

Hans and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Hans Klein wrote:

> Dear Members of ICANNatlarge.com,
>
> Here are some notes on what is going on in various parts of our organization...
>
> The Panel now has its full complement of members.  The new panelists are
> Bruce and Edmundo.
>
> The Panel is working to develop a formal voting procedure.  This will allow
> us to make decisions.  We hope to have this by mid-week.

  Ok is there a Working Group somewhere on this?  If not, don't you think
that the members should be able to participate in this potential decision?
We know what all of the options are as they have been discussed
here several times now.

> WG-WEB is becoming active again.  We are getting a new Coordinator.

  We?  Whom is that Hans?

>  That
> person will initiate the process of reviewing web issues and making
> recommendations to the full Panel.  The Panel can review the
> recommendations and make some final decisions.  Thus, we are a few steps
> away from making any substantive changes to the web page.

  Ok.  Now, lets see here....  Oh yes, I believe these decisions are
outside of the Panel's mandate as the election of the Panel clearly
indicates, are they not?  Hence I would propose that this WG-WEB
make recommendations and than the members vote on the process(s) and
proceedure(s) along with any large minority positions as to how,
who, what, and when to proceed...  Than the members either approve
or not, or only approve by line item...

> The Panel is waiting for an official report of the election results. It is
> my understanding that "ICANNatlarge.org" was the preferred name.  I have
> seen messages posted to this list, but I haven't seen an official
> communication to the Panel.

  That ( official communication ) was posted by Walter I believe on Friday.
See archives: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0209/msg00528.html

>  A report was solicited from Walter Schmidt on
> September 27, but no reply has been received.  (Walter and other watchdogs
> -- can we please have a formal statement of voting results.  You can send
> it to me or to all panel members individually.  Thank you!)

  Walter already posted this publicly, as is proper, on Friday Hans.
See archives again: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0209/msg00528.html

> Once the Panel receives the results of the name vote, it can use the voting
> procedure to decide the name of the organization.  The panel seems to be
> leaning towards adoption of the top vote-getting name. We have not yet
> initiated a formal discussion.  We will use the voting procedure to
> finalize the name decision.
>
> Once the Panel has decided on a name, and once WG-WEB is functioning, and
> once the Panel has approved any changes to the web page, we can implement
> our new URL, based on our new name.

  The name has already been decided upon by the members in the vote
Hans.  Are you implying otherwise that the panel would change such
a democratically arrived at decision of the members?  I hope not!

> Currently, the panel does not have a Chair.  As Alt Chair I am performing
> some Chair responsibilities.  The Panel needs to decide on a new Chair and
> is discussing that at present.

  Good!  Lets hope that the new chair will be cognizant of their
responsibilities and the limits of the mandate of the panel...

> The Panel is not currently discussing issues of fundraising, bylaws, and
> incorporation.  Nor have we addressed an issue that is arguably prior to
> this:  definition of a mission statement.  I expect that we will address
> these issues soon.  However, the other issues above are currently taking
> precedence.

  The issues that the Panel was elected to do by mandate of that vote,
do not include anything outside of the Bylaws, charter and mission statement.
Hence the Panel should and must complete those tasks.

> That is where we currently stand.  Thanks for your patience in reading
> through all this!

  No it is not really where "we" currently stand.  I t seems that this is where
you and a few panel members stand...