Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: Walter Schmidt <walts@dorsai.org>
To: Atlarge Discuss List <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Cc: Walter Schmidt <walts@dorsai.org>
Subject: [atlarge-discuss] AL001, Vote to choose organization name

 Many words are said
 Some even merit saying
 Some said even bloom...

   ...that said

 The ballot, in part stated:
 - "The results are due no later than Wednesday September 25, 2002" -
today is Wednesday - it would seem nothing was delayed.
 - "Do not edit this ballot" - more than a few were edited, in more than a
few ways, necessitating a detail review of all such ballots, by all of us
- the editing included the changing of one or more of the
selection-of-names to something different.
 - "just put a number between square brackets [ ]" - I presume
square-brackets were found to be offensive to some, as they were changed.
 - "rank selected names 1 through 5" - again I presume this was found to
be offensive to some as: an X, multiple X, X & ordinal combinations, and
multiple same-ordinal combinations were used.

 And, about the ballots:
 - Almost 70 bounced/could-not-deliver Mail Delivery Subsystem messages
were received.
 - Some received ballots were received having both the name and the email
address NOT on our membership list.
 - Some people received two ballots.
 - No ballot was discarded no matter which ballot-request was not followed
as long as the ballot's intent could be discerned.
 - Again, questionable ballots were reviewed by all of us.
 - Almost 170 ballots were received, including one which commented on what
the election was thought to be, but with no name selected.
 - More than a few ballots only voted for one or two names.

The final results using the "Preferential" or "Single-Transferable" Voting
System are:

 ICANNATLARGE.ORG - 77
 ATLARGE.ORG - 62

 ICANNAtLarge.org it is...

From my point of view...

 We have now "clothesed the Emperor" as we "asked for..."

 --- REgards, walts@dorsai.org Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(.) ---
 - -   Associate   |      Online since CompuServe's MicroNET      - -
 ---    Expert     |                                              ---
 - -  Expert Zone  |        http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/         ---
 - - 52 Ken http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/ Sun 57 - -