Re: [atlarge-discuss] UPDATE ON PANEL ACTIVITIES

Chris and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

NameCritic wrote:

> My comments are below.

  My comments above in response to Hans in no way suggests or should
seem to suggest that we should get too bogged down in Web page
details.  SO no, no need to vote of background color!  >:) ROFLMAO!
Pardon me Chris, but you are reading too much into what I stated...

> If members have suggestions on changes that can be done to the site, then
> the web-wg could take that suggestion and discuss it and make a decision.

  I agree with this in principal.

> The same goes for the panel. They don't need to approve every move the
> web-wg makes either.

  Also agreed here.  But we do need to be careful that we don't have
what has happened with Joop and the ICANNATLARGE.COM
Web site and previous to that the IDNO.ORG web site...

> If you create working groups on any of the topics or
> tasks at hand that have to both get panel approval and put every decision to
> a vote then we will never complete any of the projects and continue to be as
> ineffective as some hope us to be.

  This is outside the Panels mandate Chris.  This is not what the Panel was
elected to do.

> Choose well, the people you ask to take on a task, then trust them to
> perform that task.

  Very much agreed here!

> If you want to add suggestions and you chose well your
> suggestions will get proper consideration, but nothing done here will
> perfectly please everyone. Thats a fact we live with and everyone in any
> organization lives with, so we choose good people to perform a task and they
> do the best they can with that task. That is as close to perfection we can
> achieve.

  Also agreed here.

> I'm all for democracy. But in a democracy, not everything is put to a vote.

  Agreed here as well.  But the content that reflects the nature ot this
organization and speaks for them, should have the members approval
before it is put up on the Web site.  This of course would not include
most things, but it would some.

> We elect and choose representatives to make some decisions for the good of
> the whole. It doesn't always work out the way we want, but it's a better
> system than most and more efficient than putting everything you try to do to
> a vote.

  I never said otherwise Chris.  You again are greatly reading into what I said,

that is not there.  Be careful of construing something said or posted to
something
that it is not...