Re: [atlarge-discuss] WG-ID requested radiation for identity abuse

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:46:21 +0200, you wrote:

>I suggest that the "Discredit Fauds" Member is removed from the list as an
>obvious abuse of identity. You will note that the ReplyTo are to
>jwilliams@hotmail.com
>
>- either Discredit Frand is a fake name for Jeff Williams and as such
>should not be allowed to vote
>- or it is an attempt to use the identity of Jeff Williams and to receive
>mails in his name what is a very serious abuse.

However we don't have any procedure or approved policy on this. I think we
must approve one before practically doing anything. Also, much depends on
the approach we want to take: when one member's identity is challenged, do
we consider him "real" unless reasonable proof of his fakeness is given, or
do we adopt the opposite approach? I would be scared by the latter option,
and though I don't think we have any proof that this person is not real.

A middle solution would be having a group of trustees who must be provided,
for example, with a scan or paper copy of a person's ID/passport if the
identity is challenged.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
--------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------