Re: [atlarge-discuss] The Human Right to Communicate [CPSR]

I do not repost the entire message out of respect for our limited users.
We may call this triming the tail off the comet.

Of course these people are correct.  But I see no effort through them to put
it into a financially viable package.

In order to achieve these lofty goals one must drive down the cost of
internet useage in developing nations.  In order to do that one must
increase the useage. (a real chicken and egg dilema)
The only solutions are governments or charities giving up some money to pay
for useage originally, which has not worked anywhere. Or. We can allow
private enterprize into the arena of education and marketing to bring more
people into useage.

We have found in our developing country survey work that older and youngest
have least useage rate and that late teens and twenties regardless of income
bracket have the highest use.  The clear conclusion is the educational
awareness of that group.

Therefor we must conclude that the matter of the right to communicate is one
based in education and not necessarily access or economics.
The ability to communicate must be taught otherwise it cannot be excercised.
"give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach him to fish you feed his
children"

Eric