[atlarge-discuss] time/amount limitations

If you have a two hour meeting scheduled and one speaker starts off and
speaks for 1:50 minutes then the other speakers lose their freedom of
speech.  If you are in Hue and you only have about 28 kpbs and one
writer writes 110k you spend your dong and your time uploading that and
have no dong or time to respond.

The US congress, courts and almost every city counsel has time
limitations on speakers.

Freedom of speech and time management are not black and white.

The biggest problem is abuse of the time/amount limitations, on the one
hand stealing the soapbox is a denial to other speakers and on the other
(especially as we have seen in ICANN) those with the power of control
seem to exercise it without regard to freedom of speech.

I have been told that there are counters with queues. So that a
limitation may be placed automatically.

I abhor censorship but I deplore waste of time, unless I am fishing of
course, utility should not out weigh freedoms but freedoms can stomp on
others freedoms.

Eric