Re: [atlarge-discuss] Incorporating Non-Profit

Chris and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

NameCritic wrote:

> Not many nonprofit organizations incorporate in delaware while 60% of all
> nonprofit orgs are filed in california. Currently there are almost 90,000
> registered charities in california and that figure does not include
> Unincorporated Nonprofit Associations of which there are more of.
>
> The Nonprofit laws I am familiar with, but by no means an expert, are
> California's. I have Founded 2 here. One was a Missing Children's Org, the
> other for Disabled Children, and am currently on the board of one of those
> and a new one being formed in San Diego.

  Great!  Keep up those good works Chris!  >;)

> I've been through the process and have attempted to share that experience
> here on the list, but it seems that Jeff Williams is the only expert here in
> all matters pertaining to this group and in the future I think I shall just
> bow to his superior intellect and I am thinking of running him for president
> against bush in 2004. He and his INEGroup could obviously do a better job.

  Oh I am by no means an expert, nor have I contended to be on Calif.
non-profit law.  However I do have some limited experience in
Calif. Corp. law.  So you slur, although not unexpected, Chris
is interesting to say the least.  If you prefer the high cost of
Calif. business activities, than by all means advocate Calif.
code or jurisdiction for this organizations incorporation.

  Oh, and by the way, thank you for the endorsement for the 2004
national election as a potential presidential candidate.  But frankly
I am not really qualified.  Perhaps you should consider such a run.
And you could run as an independent too boot!  That way there
would be no party affiliation!  I luv independent candidates BTW!
I voted in the 2000 election for Ralph Nader, one of Jamie's
compatriots!  Isn't Jamie a Panel member too?  >;)

> Then of course, anyone could.

  Of course!  (Sarcasm intended here)