Re: [atlarge-discuss] For the record

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> |  There are no written bylaws as yet.   The icannatlarge is now
> |  wide open to
> |  capture by people who will subsequently write the rules.
> .
> .
> .
> |  It is absolutely necessary to have rules in place before you appoint a
> |  webmaster.
>
> That is why I made a motion, as yet unseconded, that we draft interim Web
> rules as quickly as possible.

  Good idea.

> |  I am very concerned that Jamie would like to exclude the
> |  webmaster from the
> |  Panel list at this time and limit discussion about control to a small
> |  subgroup with unelected members.
>
> No way!  I have no intention of allowing "star chamber" decisions on my
> watch!  Besides, I've seen no evidence that anyone is trying to set up "side
> projects" outside of our forums.  If you have, please let us all know, and
> provide links.

  I think in this particular instance, you are right Bruce.  However
WG's and potentially committees and task forces may need to do this
for other endeavors.  However I cannot see that this should be
done for the Web page and web design as well as content decisions.
That should be completely open to all of the members to review,
comment on, and if necessary, vote upon.  But hopefully such
votes will be rare..