Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel List... Panel member fitness??

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>
> |  In fact, it is subject to moderation. However, the panel reads the
> discuss
> |  list, so I think that messages for the panel can be posted there; the
> panel
> |  list, in my opinion, should be kept for panel discussions, motions and
> votes
> |  only, otherwise it will be very difficult for anyone interested
> |  to find them among the general discussion posts.
>
> I agree.  The panel list should be limited to Panel conversations, votes,
> etc.

  I also agree.  BUt I believe that those posts should be redirected
to the discuss list so as to be open and transparent and in keeping with
our democratic principals which encompass openness and transparency
as two democratic hallmarks.  Failure to do so I think will in effect
be a prelude to diminishing these two halmarks of democratic
principals, and begin us down a slippery slope to the depths
of depravity as so many other organizations of this nature
have ended up.

> That said, I will attempt to read every message in the discuss list, and
> answer any questions asked by the membership.  However, bear with me: I have
> a *very* full schedule that keeps me away from my e-mail more than I would
> like.

  Hold on the Bruce!  If you are in effect saying that you cannot
handle the position on the Panel that you have, than just say so
without equivocation, and respectfully resign.  If not, than step up
to the task in all of it's responsibilities without exception.

>  And as others will attest, I often only get to read/answer messages
> in spurts, every few days or so, as rare free moments allow (like tonight!).
> My primary focus will be the Panel list, and I'll make a point of keep up
> with it daily, unless business takes me out of town (a rare event
> actually!).

  GOing our of town is not an excuse for shucking your responsibilities.
I just got hone from traveling tonight, and as you can tell I had no
trouble keeping up.  You certainly should not either as a panel member
especially.  If you cannot under sometimes or rare extreme circumstances
than you or any panel member is unfit, and should respectfully resign..