Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel Member Satyajit Gupta, WHERE ARE YOU?

Jeff Williams wrote:

>   I am concerned though with this Panel vote.  This vote was outside
> of the Panel mandate, and therefore unnecessary, and hampers
> productivity of what the Panel is supposed to be working on.
> As such is shows that the Panel is engaging in Mission Creep
> and shucking it's mandated responsibilities.  That's irresponsible
> of ALL of the panel members!   Therefore I respectfully
> call for the Panel members return without delay, to their
> mandated duties ONLY.
>
>I concur.  The five names were presented to the *membership* for a
decision; and *we made it.*  At no time, as I recall, was the name choice
represented to the membership as merely advisory.

In the future, when the membership are asked again to vote, I ask that it be
made *clear* whether we are proceeding to make a substantive decision, or
whether the Panel is just taking a "straw poll."  So I don't have to waste my
time on a meaningless gesture!