RE: [atlarge-discuss] What is our Mission?

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Hans Klein wrote:

> I believe this mission statement...

   ...what I wrote was a vision (not a/the mission statement), upon which
a Mission Statement would be built, along the lines:

 - a vision (included below)
 - who we are
 - our individual roles
 - communication about ourselves to others
 - communications amongst ourselves
 - goal achievement

> articulates worthy principles.  However, I think 1) it is very broad
> (so broad as to be unworkable for us) and 2)  other organizations are
> already pursuing this mission.
>
> To the extent that we represent users in ICANN, we are unique and we
> perform an important (if limited) role.
>
> Hans
>
> At 12:04 AM 10/19/2002 -0700, Bruce Young wrote:
>
> >Walter Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >|  To MAINTAIN and advance the global interests of the Internet in an open
> >|  democratic process, by innovation, communication, and international
> >|  encouragement of the concept that the needs and rights of all people are
> >|  not to be abrogated by the technical, business, military or governmental
> >|  interests of those who are otherwise so vested.
> >
> >I *like* it!  Panel, let's discuss using this as the basis of our mission
> >statement.
> >
> >Bruce Young
> >Portland, Oregon USA
> >byoung651@attbi.com
> >http://www.barelyadequate.info

 --- REgards, walts@dorsai.org Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(.) ---
 - -              Online since CompuServe's MicroNET           ^  ---
 - -        Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition       - -
 ---                Associate Expert - Expert Zone                ---
 - -        http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/        ---
 - - 52 Ken          http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/         Sun 57 - -