RE: [atlarge-discuss] What is our Mission?

Bruce,

I believe this mission statement articulates worthy principles. However, I think 1) it is very broad (so broad as to be unworkable for us) and 2) other organizations are already pursuing this mission.

To the extent that we represent users in ICANN, we are unique and we perform an important (if limited) role.

Hans

At 12:04 AM 10/19/2002 -0700, Bruce Young wrote:

Walter Schmidt wrote:

|  To MAINTAIN and advance the global interests of the Internet in an open
|  democratic process, by innovation, communication, and international
|  encouragement of the concept that the needs and rights of all people are
|  not to be abrogated by the technical, business, military or governmental
|  interests of those who are otherwise so vested.

I *like* it!  Panel, let's discuss using this as the basis of our mission
statement.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
byoung651@attbi.com