[atlarge-discuss] Opening of the WG-Web mailing list

The Members currently registered on this list are:

Bertola Vittorio
Fausset Bret
Fenderson Deif
Klein Hans
Kularski Curtis
Lane Joanna
Love Jamie
McElroy Chriss
Morfin Jefsey
Sherrill Michael
Sherwood Ron
Sotiropoulos Sotiris
Teernstra Joop
Williams Jeff
Young Bruce

If some currently listed members want to remove themselves from this list please let me know. I apologize to Chriss McElroy I had forgotten.

As acting temporary Chair I will now accept nominations for Chair until Thursday 00:00 GMT. I will then present the list with a way to vote by a mail sent to me before Sunday 00:00 GMT. The nominated candidate having received the largest number of votes will be elected. I will then transfer Chairmanship to the elected Chair.

I suggest that the WG-Web proceeds then with dispatch, writing a (temporary) charter defining that it cooperates with the WebMaster, ForumMaster and MembershipMaster to the site management under the supervision of the Panel, the role and responsibilities of the WebMaster, the site security issues, the DNS management issues, the rights of the Panelists, of the WGs and of the different @large groups. I also suggest that it writes a technical description of the different procedures and tools being used, so we may quickly solve technical problems as the ones we currently encounter.

I also suggest that every WG Member takes an "oath" like Olympic Games participants and referees to act in the best interest of the @large community, to support as much as possible others legitimate agenda and vision and to positively try to address the possible conflicts. Such a text could be displayed on the site and serve to the other WGs. We obviously suffer from not knowing us f2f, we managed not so badly until now, I feel that such a netiquette could help us staying on the same tack.

jfc
WG-Webn acting Chair