[atlarge-discuss] Website defaced

While working on the WG-DNS and trying to show something to Jeffsey, I
learned that the webhost for icannatlarge.com has been hacked.

As a result of this the "forum" is seriously de-faced (hmm well depends
on how you look at it).

However the more serious implication is that all data that was on that
server regarding icannatlarge.com has now been compromised.

It shows that mindless babbling on a maillist and listening to antics of
certain figures either figurative or real, makes poor management of any
organization, no matter what.

This is the latest in the crown of "mishaps" with icannatlarge, whether
politically correct or not.

This organization is getting close to being impossible to repair or make
successful, which is a shame considering the powerhouse of intellect we
carry amidst our ranks.
Rest assured that those who do not wish us all that well will glow in
the aftermath of these past weeks.

However false in some eyes the pretensions of Esther and cohorts, they
do not have to live with all this **** and we do.
I suggest that it is time for a rapid change, consisting of some very
simple majority decisions to be made.

1. re-draft or re-visit of bylaws of the organization

2. institute a panel with knowledge and capability to run an
organization as this should and hopefully will be, with less emphasis on
personal importance, no insult meant to those who simply did a good job,
it is not my intention to judge, I just conclude from what has happened
over the past period.

3. give those organizations now stamped as local the immediate freedom
to run their own website and program, as long as they underwrite the
general goal of this organization.

4. give the WG's we need the highest priority, there being:

WG-DNS
WG-outreach
WG-web

And add a few to take care of certain other things that need to be done:

Sponsorship
Contacts
Press
Planning
Bylaws
Structure

And I am sure there are some I have not yet thought of in my haste.

It is obvious that in all our goodwill we have overseen something that
is just as important and the growth of the organization:
As  a representing panel, the main organization can far better be
general management to all "local" organizations to prevent a number of
problems such as difference in culture and law.
We can never assume to be able to speak on behalf of Muslims and Jews if
we do not let both have their own identity within the organization.
There is no way we can lay down the law for them for now and the future,
no matter how good willing we are, it is far better to be a panel of
representatives of those organizations and as such speak with one
tongue.

It will at least reduce a lot of noise on maillists, continues voting,
endless debates and what more.

Take some (little) time to think it over my friends, the path we are
going down now does not lead to success.

Kind regards

Abel

===========================

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be
privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

Any attachment has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus checker and procedures.

If you contact us by email we will store your name and address to
facilitate communications.

=========================

Able Towers and Able Consultancy are tradenames of Moordata Ltd.

2 Brickett Close
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 7YE