From: Bret Fausett [mailto:fausett@lextext.com]
Sent: 03 November 2002 18:33
To: At Large Discuss
Subject: [atlarge-discuss] Hack Report

Early this morning, Sunday 3 November 2002, the discussion forum of the
icannatlarge web site was apparently hacked. Most of our discussions
have moved onto mailing lists, so I have taken the forum off-line until
the issue can be resolved. I've temporarily put up a replacement page
asking conversations to move to <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>.

     http://icannatlarge.com/forum/

To the best of my knowledge, the culprits did not hack the main site or
any of the static pages. What was compromised was the online web-based
discussion forum, so I assume a security vulnerability in that
particular software was exploited.

I apologize if any ongoing conversations on the web-based forum were
interrupted by this outage. Please move them to this discussion list
until the forum is again up and running.

    -- Bret Fausett