[atlarge-discuss] Re: Panel Chair election

Jefsey and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> At 16:49 09/11/02, Jeff Williams wrote:
> >Jefsey through some unknown and undocumented or panel
> >determined process has called for elections.
>
> Dear Jeff,
> why not to stop all this.

  More than happy to if and when there is some documented vote from
the panel for this election.  However you finally have been kind enough
to answer ONE of my and other members questions.  That being that
the election you keep referring to is a PANEL CHAIR election.
Thank you finally for that.  However it would seem to me that the
Panel should elect their own chair..  But if the members prefer
that we elect the Panel's new chair or propose candidates, I have
not problem with that.  I would just like to see a common
procedure for such elections, and other elections for other positions.

> The Panel is electing a new Chair after Joanna
> left as hans had proposed to postpone it after Shanghai. I though
> transparent to copy the discuss list. If you disagree with that ...

  I disagree that there is ANY posting to which you refer.  I don't
disagree that a nee Panel chair is needed and should be elected
in some fashion.  However that "Fashion" would better serve
the members if that election was processed.