[atlarge-discuss] Getting back on the same page

Dear Panel and List Members,

As you may recall, one of the first attempts at a bottom-up, self-organizing
At Large movement was the effort jump-started by Esther Dyson, Pindar Wong
and Joop Teernstra following the March ICANN meeting in Ghana. At the time,
Joop registered the domain name "icannatlarge.com" for the benefit of that
community effort. Although everyone involved in those early days intended to
create a self-sustaining At Large *organization*, the domain name remained
registered with Joop Teernstra individually.

After Joop stepped down as webmaster for the group, the host account was
transferred into my name. Joop no longer has access to the host account, but
as the registrant of "icannatlarge.com" he *does* have access to the domain
name. Earlier today Joop redirected that name to a new web host not approved
by the panel. The site he's now pointing to contains the message:
"Icannatlarge.org is now on its own and the two sites icannatlarge.org and
icannatlarge.com will now start to diverge."

The host site under the control of the panel can still be addressed by our
newer domain name "icannatlarge.org." The potential for confusion is
significant, however, as Mr. Teernstra has copied the logos, content and,
more importantly, membership lists to his new site. Mr. Teernstra's logo is
distinguished from our own only by a large fist that he's placed over the
ICANN logo.

Before this goes any further, I ask Joop to (1) Re-direct the domain name
"icannatlarge.com" back to the panel-sponsored web host; and (2) Make
arrangements to transfer the domain name "icannatlarge.com" to the Panel
Chair or the Panel's designated representative. If he would like to assist
in getting our forum back online, I'd certainly welcome his assistance and
contributions. We all need to get back on the same page --literally.

       Bret