RE: [atlarge-discuss] Starting a New Chapter

As a member but non-panel member, I can, after reading the post below,
react without any reservation.

For one, laughter is out of place, as David said, he has a very strong
case, certainly within the current ICANN/IPC structure and the fact that
Joop was paid for setting-up/designing the site does not help Joop's
actions, but that is just a legal standpoint, and without doubt it would
be an interesting case.

However what you say after that is indeed a travesty.
Not what is happening but the comments.

Sotiris, I respect you, but the lack of respect you show here to people
of good standing and moral, supported by being VOTED IN PLACE is out of
line, the discussion can at most focus on the part of those who  have
voted to whether they made mistakes when voting, but never on legitimacy
of the panel, nor on their personallity.
They were nominated, supported, and chosen.
If you make a wrong choice, you wait for your next chance to vote and
change it, bitching in the time between elections is useless and
incorrect.

If the WG-web does nothing, then far be it from Brett to do something,
he is just a go-between for the panel and the wg-web, who hold the keys
to the doors, no more. It is up to others to request those doors be
opened, by becoming webmaster he was not all of a sudden obliged to
update the site daily on his own account, that is what the wg is for.

The background of the panel members was no secret when they were chosen
and for most their personal ideas on things were pretty well known as
well, no good hiding now behind this, we were all aware of that when we
choose them.

And please, spare me the melodramatics about it, the "Ich habe es nicht
gewusst" is still fresh in most European's memories.

You choose, you deal with it, change it with the next election and in
the meantime, start working on making things better, propose somethin
positive, react to Jeffsey's proposals, DO, it is that easy, you
offered, were called upon and silence set in, I would almost say you
were a part of the panel :)

I support David's proposal for using the GA's (maillist) rules and hope
someone will be able to do the same good job Thomas and Alexander did
with it.

Kind regards

Abel