[atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-bylaws] Re: [atlarge-panel] votes about to be called

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Richard Henderson wrote:

> Don't try to draft the mission statements until you have asked the
> membership specifically what aims and goals they want for this
> organisation.

   ...this has been asked an answered more than once - it's time we move
on!

> It is not up to the panel to "decide" what mission statements are viable.
> It's up to the whole membership to "state" what criteria they want included
> (by asking them first) and THEN you build the mission statements around

   ...again, how many times do we need to ask for and obtain the same
input - once should have been enough.

> I cannot participate at all in a vote on preferred mission statements,
> when we have not allowed the membership its democratic voice to define
> the criteria on which such statements should be built.

   ...yes we have been given a democratic voice and we have defined the
criteria on which the mission statements will be built (and more than once
I might add) - if you cannot participate for your own reasons - then
don't!

> Until we know that, we are just foisting "top-down" options on the
> membership. And "TELLING" them what they can vote for. That's not
> acceptable.

   ...until we stop asking the same questions over and over again, and
continuing to ignore the same answers the questions obtain - all we are
doing is NOT moving forward - taking months to stay at the same issue
without any resolution, when the resolution has always been at hand. We
are allowing ourselves to be stalled, when we should be moving forward.
And, THAT is not acceptable...

 --- REgards, walts@dorsai.org Walter C. Schmidt, IT CPA  Blue(.) ---
 - -              Online since CompuServe's MicroNET           ^  ---
 - -        Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Media Center Edition       - -
 ---                Associate Expert - Expert Zone                ---
 - -        http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/        ---
 - - 52 Ken          http://www.dorsai.org/~walts/         Sun 57 - -