Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-bylaws] Re: [atlarge-panel] votesabout to be called

----- Original Message -----
From: Walter Schmidt <walts@dorsai.org>
To: Ron Sherwood <sherwood@islands.vi>

>    ...yes, however, I thought we were organizing the entity that would
> represent the atlarge - not just ONE of the organizations...

The entity representing the At Large (Internet Users) should NOT be
organised through a structure INSIDE Icann. Walt, we ARE only ONE of many
User organisations - the At Large is a multiplicity and a network - not one
org.

We are hopefully an organisation which seeks - along with other like-minded
organisations and individuals - to build an alliance OUTSIDE Icann (but in
dialogue with Icann) with an independent structure, an independent voice,
and an agenda independent of Icann's agenda and schemes.

We are hopefully participating in an alliance of people to develop a
democratic "bottom up" process to create an identity and structure for an At
Large which stands in its own right - and in opposition to ICANN's top-down
domination.

But our organisation is not "THE" at large.

Richard H