Re: [atlarge-discuss] To RALO or not to RALO (was: Some Simple Facts...)

David and all,

  The only people that need to be convinced of anything is the
DOC/NTIA and before september of this year.  How we as
an organization go about that is all that is relevant.  However
as  you mention, the ccTLD's were not very successful
inside of ICANN.  Hence their current predicaments and
some of their independent actions of a variety of issues,
such as the UDRP, and Whois...  Therefore it is all
a matter of forming a strategy and then the tactics
by which to achieve whatever goals that strategy
outlines or includes.

  I would say we need three things:

1.) Money and lost of it.
2.) Lobbying individuals/members or a hired lobbying organization
3.) A well developed strategy and tactical approach(s) to carry
     out that strategy.
4.) Dedicated, elected and paid Representatives for the members
     that carry out the members wishes, not their own agenda's/desires.
5.) Lots of luck...