RE: [atlarge-discuss] To RALO or not to RALO (was: Some Simple Facts...)

David,

Though at this moment in time to restraint to make up my mind on how to
bets present my opinion and possible solutions to this dilemma to the
list, I feel that I should try to convey the element that sticks out pro
NO RALO;

There were AL directors, a policy, a vote and some semblance of
democracy albeit it a weird version of that in the "old" situation.

This was all taken away, despite advice by their own study committee and
loud voices in the audience and inside the board.

The process itself was at least lob-sided and definitely not one of
great democratic achievement.

Joining the RALO's now with no voice other then advisory in appointment
of an advisory board (very free translation) would maybe leave the
impression that one condones the process thus far and agrees with the
current structure.

I can certainly say that I hold that reasoning as a valid argument
against joining, though for joining would speak the adagio that one can
do far more from the inside then from the outside and one has to wonder
if the statue given by participating would not give more justification
for critique against the setup then when coming from outside, however
since ICANN decides who will be on the committee, and going over the
proposed list from Michelle, I must say that being on the outside seems
the far better place.

I do however at this moment in time myself hold the position that one
does not exclude the other, I am simply lookig for time to put a
foundation under that opinion that will withstand amongst others your
scrutiny.

Regards

Abel Wisman

===========================

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be
privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

Any attachment has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus checker and procedures.

If you contact us by email we will store your name and address to
facilitate communications.

=========================

Able Towers and Able Consultancy are tradenames of Moordata Ltd.

2 Brickett Close
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 7YE