Re: [atlarge-discuss] the root and the terror

Holger, Jefsey and all,

  I usually don't respond to these types of postings but I will in this case.

Most governments or government entities don't do well in eleveating
poverty or helping the impoverished. This includes my own country,
the good ole USA.  Never have, and I doubt ever will.

I believe in France at one time the queen responded to her subjects
whom did not have bread to eat, "Let them eat Cake".  Not long
after she was beheaded.

  If poverty is to be adequately addressed, it must be done by highly
motivated groups, individuals over a very long period of time.  Most
groups don't or won't stand the test of time, and individuals that can
afford to really help, only do so for so long as well, and at a less than
capable level.  Hence poverty, starvation, and depravity persist...

  If I recall my history correctly, in Germany after the both wars,
the German government did little of nothing to help it's starving
and impoverished.  In late 1945, the Marshall plan was in development
and that plan rebuilt Germany as well as aided more impoverished
and starving people in Germany and the rest of europe than has
been done sense or before.  Efforts like that have yet to be
repeated for many number of reasons, most of them politically based.
Until or unless that attitude is changed in the minds of all people,
the problem of poverty will persist and/or grow worse...

  BTW Holger and Jefsey, how many poor people have you
helped directly feed today?  If your answer is none, than you
are also two minds that need changing...