Re: [atlarge-discuss] polling closed. results now visible

On 21:39 08/02/03, Sotiris Sotiropoulos said:
Abel Wisman wrote:

> A. I did not know there was a poll "going on" since I never read any
> mails pertaining that nor did I get an invite to vite, whilst I am a
> member of attlarge dot org.
>
> B. My name was mentioned in this poll, without my permission, consent in
> any form and without me asking for it, nor did I run for any office or
> position, I consider this utterly rude.
>
> C. I have a life outside the atlarge which at time is more important
> then the at-large, so yes I need invitations to vote, not read the news,
> become aware and then complain and then get the invite.
>
> According to what was answered at least 220 members were not invited to
> vote, I think that says enough about "vality".

1)  You are free to leave and not take part any further.  Nobody is forcing
anyone to stay if they don't like it.
Dear Sotiris, you will not change !
I suppose the 2) was so bed that it did not go through :-)

Abel,
this was NOT a vote. This was a gallup. You were not listed to be elected to anything, but for people to remember who are the active one they might endorse. I suppose that list was made of known people and of people sharing on the list. Vnit Cerf and Esther and Hans K. were not candidate either. As GW Bush or Prince Philips are not when one ask who is the best dressed man of the year.

Gee! is there not a word in English to make a difference between a vote for a decision and a vote to give an information?
jfc