RE: [atlarge-discuss] polling closed. results now visible

At 12:26 a.m. 9/02/2003, Abel Wisman wrote:

This is exactly what should have been prevented.
Dear Abel,

I know that you have tried your best to prevent Bottom-up Polling.
It was you who brought that "hack" of the Forum to Vittorio's attention and caused him to shut it down. The Forum allows anyone to set up polls of his own.
Are you the one who is now hosting icannatlarge.org?

By all means, see if you can get legal advice on whether a participant on a public list has the right to publish the names of others who publish on that list.
These are the new boundaries and uncharted waters. I had no intention to be rude to anyone and I had the list announced in the Forum well in advance asking for additions and removal requests.
Yes, the next time I will try to find all the email addresses and ask for permissions. My apologies to all who felt imposed upon.

My opinion is that when you participate in a public forum, you have to accept the consequences as long as there is no malice or harm.
There are people on these lists that have been malicious and who have caused harm. It is good to know where and how the limits on public behaviour need to be drawn.

Two simple questions that will solve your problems:

1. do you want to be on a voters' list next time? 2. Do you want your name to be removed from the "participants" list next time?

Yours,

-joop-