[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] The list

I agree totally with what you say here Joop.

The clearly constructive way forward (if you believe in democracy) is to
formally ask the membership the same questions again, to confirm what they
have already said.

Not to do so, is to run away from the truth.

Either that, or we just take a pragmatic approach and concede that these
findings show pretty obviously what our membership actually wants, and we
take action as a Panel to implement the wishes of the membership.

I'd go with either of these solutions.

What I cannot accept is a rump of a panel IGNORING the strongly-indicated
views of the membership.

I have to say, I have confidence in Joop's sincerity, and I have little
doubt a re-poll will simply show that Joop's findings were right all along.

I think, Joop, it is fair and legitimate to look critically at the mechanism
and consider ways of better demonstrating security and verification, but at
the same time the Poll cannot simply be dismissed unless you are prepared to
dismiss and ignore the sincere and serious votes of 171 of our most active
members.

Those who don't like the results, will try to ignore the expressed views of
these members.

They may not like the process, but they cannot dismiss the members.

The members, on the other hand, CAN dismiss the panel.

You only have to ask them. We already have, but you can ask them again!

yrs,

Richard Henderson