[atlarge-discuss] WSIS Participation

Hello all,

Can you consider ICANNatlarge.org's participation in
WSIS seriously as a civil society group?

If we want to mobilize Internet users from around the world
in a substantial manner, it could be one of opportunities we
can approach to the Internet users directly?

If you aslo agree this is a crucial platform we have to work
on, let us plan how we can participate in this.

1st, ICANNatlarge.org should be accredited.
http://www.itu.int/wsis/participation/accreditation.html

2nd, After accreditation, send our representatives asking
to join our efforts through WSIS process up to 2005.

Sincerely,
YJ

3. Future Action Items

3.1. To continue as it is preparing our 2nd panel election

Despite piled complaints, we should keep going on if this
group really wants to move forward and prepare for the 2nd
election hoping they can work better than the first panelists.

3.2. To participate in the WSIS process as civil society

I have attended two WSIS regional meetings recently and
I saw potential for an organization like us to play an important
role to build cooperation with other parties. Some panelists
are expected to work on this from now on to get accredited
in order to participate in the process and to share our mission
with the diverse stakeholders.(Other civil society groups, the
governments, Private sector)

3.3. To participate in the ICANN process as At-Large group

As some of us have done, we still have to be inside ICANN
as part of At-Large structure to be heard and reflected in the
decision-making process.

3.4. To organize local At-Large groups and start to exchange
information on each At-Large community

As recommended by some, we may re-try to start to organize
local At-Large groups and begin to communicate each other
as local at-large groups.