RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] New panel elections?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

| If the panelists are inactive, they waive their panelist prerogatives.
| What the hell are they panellists for anyway?  Stop wasting
| time Vittorio.

While I agree emotionally, I have to disagree procedurally.  Like it or no,
panelists were elected by the membership.  At the moment, the only rules we
have in place say they remain in their positions until their resignation or
the next election.   So don't diss Vittorio for following the rules.  That's
what we pay him for  (Huh?  No pay?  You mean he puts up with everyone's
crap for *free?!*  What benevolence!  Maybe we should treat him better then,
huh?)   :)

If you want to see language in the bylaws for dealing with inactive panel
members , then subscribe to WG-Bylaws and get involved in that process.  In
fact, everyone who has concerns for our "rules of engagement" should be
there working on the bylaws as we speak.  Too bad the last post I saw in
that forum was posted in November!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info