RE: [atlarge-discuss] [atlarge-panel] let organize the transition

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

| Today, the current elected panel includes :
|
|      Vittorio Bertola (Europe)
|      Richard Henderson (Europe)
|      Youn Jung Park (Asia/Pacific)
|      Jefsey Morfin (Europe)
|      Bruce Young (North America)
|      Edmundo Valenti (Latin America/Caribbean)
|      Kimberley J. Heitman (Asia/Pacific)
|      Gabriel Pineiro (Latin America/Caribbean)
|      Milan Kapetanov (Europe)
|      Marc Derriennic (Europe)
|      Sotiris Sotiropoulos (North America)

With Richard resigning, we'd also need to add Ted Byfield (North America)

| 3. The reason given by the Chair for delaying is that he
| hesitates on the
| course to take concerning a new election of the panel, wandering if a
| chance is not to be given to the new blood in the Panel. This
| is not a
| decision by the Chair but by the legitimate and complete panel.

You're probably right.  But what do we gain by delaying the election for a
few months, while trying to get the Panel, with 6 new members out of 11,
motivated, knowing they are lame ducks?

| "Considering the present status of the Panel there are two
| to proceed with despatch to a new Panel election and benefit from the
| accumulated experience, to develop an open structure to be
| discussed; or to
| prepare the April election in fostering a debate based upon
| the recent
| poll, to permit different possible "parties" or projects to structure
| themselves and to better propose their vision and targets to
| the voters.
|
| [   ] I wish to proceed to elections immediately, following
| the same rules
| as last year
| [   ] I wish to respect the April date and actively prepare
| the Panel election
| [   ] I abstain
| "

This don't think this ever went anywhere.  Promably because it was buried at
the bottom of a message!

We (the panel membersm, current and future!) need to do a better job of
making proposals.  Like prefacing the subject with "PROPOSAL:" or some such.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info