[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] I PROPOSE OREGON, USA

Seems very interesting.
Questions:
1. how many corporate officers when creating are bound to sign
2. is this signature registration necessary each time an officer joins/BoD change?
3. what are the yearly costs?
4. what is the yearly paperwork involved in order to keep the organization in proper order

We have to be realistic. Organization management is going to fall on the shoulders of someone. So better to keep it the simplest possible and easy to understand for a new commer (it is likeley that this will be often a new person). Ideally all the paperwork should be prepared on-line with a reminder (some single page with links the Secretary can click and fill). There will also be the problem of the banking account. It will probably be empty, so what is in the USA the cost of an empty banking account?

If I compare this with France. Not to support France (the work would be on me) but to permit to compare and discuss Oregon's advantages (I would favor Oregon for icannatlarge.org as france@large and atlarge/ws is/will be French).

1. to set-up $35, takes one month and a half to be published in the "Journal Officiel", the Gov ad-hoc publication. If there is no real benefit, there is no more paperwork. I can create it with two local signatures only. BoD modifications are free. The articles are tobe in French, but can be very standard and basic. The bylaws are in whatever language(s) we want. Disputes are in front of the BoD. Directors and Memebrs can be of any nationality.

2. to set-up an account, there is only the need to present a photocopy of the "Journal Officiel" and may be $100 of deposit on the account, that can be withdrawn immediately. Empty account costs nothing. It can be set-up at the Post Office Bank and benefit from some advantages for International transfer and money deposit (anyone can make a deposit in any Post Office worldwide).

3. Yearly report may be 1 page by the Chair and an account report by the Treasrer. Can be automated. Can be filled with the Administration, but no one will ever ask anything as liong as there is no benefit.

4. There are two case as far as courts could be considered. Ill management of the organization. As we are an international organization there would always be a need for translation, but it is to be noted that the extreme compactness of the law, its stability, the low financial involvement and the huge number of associations inf Fance under that law, makes such cases very very seldom. It is also to be noted that there are many more chances than the Chair (who is the only one who can really be sued, except if the BoD acts as a gang) is not French than he is not American or subject to US law (more internationally oriented). The other case is when the organization is sued as such, like in an UDRP. There is no difference being French or being American, but I feel it may be better than Tongan (except if a deliberate Tongan strategy is to support Internet non-profits).

jfc