[atlarge-discuss] Judyth and Jan, voting method

Dear Judyth and Jan,
Do not misconstrue my remark on the voting method. Joop and everyone agree the vote should be carried by a third party (hopefully DNSO if one shot), or if no other simple way though the Booth with trustees if they feel at ease. No one, I think, may unfortunately take seriously Vittorio's solution because it was the first thing I suggested him to do when I nominated him for Chair against ... Joanna, and his only response ever since was "not the time".

If we have no other solution, here is what I proposed Bruce and we feel we can manage (anyone welcome to code the CGI.

1. I can generate a batch file to send a mail to everyone in the list that you can easily check and run with two command line programs I would send you. One would
- generate for each member a random voter-large-number,
- store that number in a file you would crypt uszing pkzip and send to everyone,
- and generate the mails.
The other one would send the mails.

2. each of us would only have a mail with an URL to click to vote (ticking the names you want to support) and register the votes (by numbers) in a file. A mail would be sent to you, telling you the person has voted. The file of the votes would be sent to another goup of trustees. Another program (using you decrypted file at the end of the vote) would filter the unauthorized number, tell the date the numbers voted first (they could distribute so eveyone may check), and take the first vote infomation into account to add the vote.

The code of the programs would be published (I can write that). This way no one can cheat. You know the voters. The other trustees would know the votes..
jfc