Re: [atlarge-discuss] Panel, elections and over-delaying maneuvers 2

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> Please disregard previous post. I send it again, having left attached some
> drafting
> ---------
>
> for weeks, Vittorio and Judyth try to build an image of mine as being in a
> "competition" with Joop for controlling this group and carrying an
> "unilateral" effort to that end. Vittorio's tactics and reasons are now
> well understood.
>
> This has been used to impeach the Panelists from carrying the election as
> they voted it, to incorporate a "safe" structure to own the list and the
> site password, to have positions voted and a Spokesman elected to represent
> us in Rio. This imposed lack of action has been used to pretend the Panel
> was dead, sterilizing the whole icannatalrge.org. The only chance of
> survival for this group being legitimacy of Joop by necessity, this alleged
> competition lead Joop to tactics reducing our chances, to the ALAC's benefit.
>
> After committing to permit me to organize the election we voted, Vittorio
> used this tale to escape without giving the Panel the Members list nor the
> password. Now, Judyth uses it to refuse to give back to the Panel the list
> Vittorio copied to her (I thank Jan to have refused that story).

As I mentioned in a previous post, I agreed to abide by the results of
Judyth's straw poll.  (I acknowledge that it went only to this list, not the
whole membership - but given that the most vibrant exchange of views
concerning the at-large seems to be on this list, whose most active
participants are also members of icannatlarge.org - the well-defined
preference expressed by the poll participants seems representative.)  I don't
view myself as a "captive" of Vittorio, who actually has been helpful, nor of
Joop, nor Judyth, though I often find her well-reasoned posts here
persuasive.

> The Panel will proceed with dispatch
> - to form an election Committee with Jan and Judyth, and three other called
> watchdogs, provided they are no candidate,

Given the experiences over the past 1+ year, I'd wish to scrutinize the
motives of anyone who'd *want* to be a candidate!  :-)

> - to get nominations
> - to have the election we all wait for in using a solution everyone can
> check and trust.
> - to entrust the Member's list to their incorporated secretariat, or to
> each of the Panelists (the new Panel will vote on this), so the current
> list hi-jacking by non-elected people can never happen again.

Say what?