Re: [atlarge-discuss] What Religion are you ? 1 to 10 ?

eric@hi-tek.com schrieb:

> Funny you should say such a thing.  It is essentially the faith that all
> will work for the betterment of a community.

And on top of that it is simply wrong.

>  Faith is a spiritual
> concept.  Many ancient religions agreed and culture was based on the
> community of the faith in each other.

It could, possibly, work in very small communities, where everybody
knows everybody else.
The problem regarding information gathering and decision making
would even then be a real problem.

> I studied both Karl Marx and Ho Chi Minh for about a year a piece and I
> think your joke is probably more true than a joke.

Actually, I wasnt meant entirely to be just a joke.
I know there are some nutballs out there that really believe
in communism.

?

> and the Bodhi trees in Hanoi give some testament as to a
> religion. Oh yes there was some dude I studied out of Israel that got
> hung on a cross that preached communism.

If you believe in that...
No, not a religion discussion.
;-)

> My point is that the at-large would be better off as a communal interest
> than a political platform to join the ALAC or whatever it calls itself
> these days.

What is a "communal interest"?

greetings
Holger